Monday, August 16, 2010

Jon Kent- 1st day of kindergarten


Jon Kent,

Today was your first day of school. Wow. How did we get here so quickly? I can still remember holding your tiny five and half pound self. Kissing your blond peach fuzz and thinking how in the world I can love someone that much and have just met them for the first time. And five years later I am letting you go and letting you taste independence. If I am being honest, it was hard. It's hard for me to let someone else teach you and watch you grow. But I didn't cry. I teared up, but I held it together because you were doing so well. You smiled and told me that you loved me. I told you that I loved you and wanted you to have a good day. And to remember to say, "Yes m'am and No m'am." You told me you would. I was so proud. I paced most of the day. I couldn't stop thinking about what you were doing, learning. If you were meeting new friends or if you were having trouble buttoning your pants after going to the bathroom. I couldn't wait for 2:30pm to get here so I could go pick you up. As I drove up to the curb, you had the biggest smile on your face and you were so excited to see me. My heart could have burst with excitement. You climbed in and started telling me all about your day. I asked if you ever cried after I left and you told me, "Only once.. almost.. and that was because I was missing you." That just made my day. Not that you almost cried but that I mean so much to you that you were missing me. You later told me that you didn't really want to go back tomorrow. But I think I have convinced you otherwise. Is it bad that you are already asking me how many days until you don't have to go to school anymore? I am really hoping tomorrow goes just as well as today went. You are just growing up way too quickly. I just want to stop time and enjoy you as you are right now, forever. You are such an amazing little boy. To say that I am so very proud of you just doesn't do you justice. I am beyond proud. Thank you, so much for letting me be a part of this amazing milestone. I love you, so very much.


Love,
Momma