Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Surgery Duo

Zoey and Nathan,

Monday you each had umbilical hernia surgery.  It went well and you both have been recovering since.  It was a pretty basic, simple surgery.  A small "smile like" cut was done right inside you belly button to push the hernia back in and then a few stitches were placed to close it back up.  Besides being sore and sleepy y'all both came home just fine.  I have always heard kids bounce back quickly and I believe it.  Both of you are already wanting to run, play, jump, wrestle ride bikes, play soccer, etc.  Most of which you can't do until we get the stitches out. So I guess the hardest part has been keeping y'all still and calm.

I am very proud of how both of you have handled it.  You have really surprised me with how you have taken this whole thing in stride.  I love you and I am glad we have this behind us.

Love,

Momma