Friday, May 27, 2011

Off to 1st grade

Jon Kent,

Last night you graduated from kindergarten.  You were grinning from ear to ear.  You and your whole kindergarten class (about 100 of you) sang songs and danced all around.  My favorite one was the bee song.  "Buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz".  Very cute.

You received your certificate of completion for kindergarten, an owl award for learning all your lightening words and a music award (I was especially proud of the music award because I would love for you to grow up and have a love for music).

After the ceremony we took pictures and then went out to eat.  Your choice.  You chose Arby's.  Then we came home and let you and your sister open your graduation gifts.  You got a new DS game while your sister got a new scooter.

I hope you will remember your graduation forever.  I know it's only kindergarten and you will have high school graduation  and then hopefully college, but it's still a big deal.  It means you are learning and growing and living.  It was a big day in my book and one I will remember always.

I love you Jon Kent and I am so very proud of the little boy you are and the big boy you are becoming!

Love,

Momma