Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's hard

Jon Kent, Zoey and Nathan,

Can I be honest with you three? Raising you is hard. It's not a lick of easy. I am your parent. Not your friend. And while you may not understand that right now, I have high hopes that one day you will. This doesn't mean that one day we can't be friends. And even now we do "friend" type stuff. But at the end of the day, if you do something wrong and need to be corrected I have to do that. I can't just shrug if off and say it will all be better next time.

I am struggling right now with the whole parenting thing. It been getting to me that when I do get on to one of you, that all of you automatically think I am "mad". Granted, sometimes I am but it's not that I have stopped loving you. It's just that you have done something that called for me to get frustrated or upset. It's normal.

I am also not your teacher. If you get in trouble at school, you pull a stick or have to sit in time-out. At home, you get time-out and then if you continue to do wrong you get a spanking. It's not your teacher's job at the end of the day to make you a responsible person, an honest person, a person who cares for others, a person who listens, a person who puts forth effort and hopefully makes the world a better place.. It's my job. It's my life's purpose to make sure you grow up well.

So, please don't think that I don't love you and don't want the best for you. With every correction I make on your behalf is solely for your own good. You may not see it now.. but one day you will. And may be by then we can be friends too.

Love,

Momma